MPLS (Multi Protocol Label Switching) is a mechanism that switches traffic based on labels instead of routing traffic. It’s typically seen in service provider networks and can transport pretty much everything…IP, IPv6, Ethernet, frame-relay, PPP. MPLS VPN is a popular technique to build VPNs for customers over the MPLS provider network.
- Good understanding of IGPs like RIP, OSPF and EIGRP.
- Good understanding of tunneling techniques like GRE.
- Good understanding of BGP.
- Introduction to MPLS
- MPLS Labels and Devices
LDP (Label Distribution Protocol)
- MPLS LDP (Label Distribution Protocol)
- MPLS LDP Label Filtering
- VRFs (Virtual Routing and Forwarding)
- MPLS L3 VPN Explained
- MPLS L3 VPN Configuration
- MPLS L3 VPN BGP Allow AS in
- MPLS L3 VPN BGP AS Override
- MPLS L3 VPN PE-CE RIP
- MPLS L3 VPN PE-CE EIGRP
- MPLS L3 VPN PE-CE OSPF
- MPLS L3 VPN PE-CE OSPF Sham Link
- VRF Lite Route Leaking
- MPLS VPN Extranet Route Leaking
- MPLS VPN VRF Export Map
- MPLS VPN VRF Import Map
MPLS Traffic Engineering
MPLS L2 Encapsulation
- AToM (Any Transport over MPLS)